Monday, October 5, 2009

A Day Late - St. Francis

October 4th is the Feast of St. Francis. yesterday it was trumped by Sunday, because Jesus is a little more important. However, the Feast of St. Francis is a great day for me and Joe. Both of us have a great love for St. Francis and St. Claire, (of which the long story will come in another post) and it is the one year anniversary of the day we were engaged (outside of our favorite Adoration chapel with a statue of St. Francis)!

I still receive daily Eucharistic emails, and this was the email on the Feast of St. Francis.

"I beg you to show every reverence and honor possible
to the most holy Body and Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in whom all things in heaven and on earth
are set at peace and are reconciled to Almighty God.
Let us love God and adore Him
and offer Him praises by day and by night."

St Francis of Assisi
b.1181 d.1226

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.

Ste Francis, ora pro nobis!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I remember that story from last year! =) It's fun to think about "where you were a year, or two, or three ... ago," isn't it?! I hope all is going well for you, newlyweds! God bless!!

Family of 4 said...

Sarah -
It is so fun to think about things like that. Joe and I were just talking about ... "one year ago today, we picked the date to get married, and now we have been married 2 1/2 months."

Things are great here. Dave Rinaldi sent me a "congrats" text message today - he had a dream we decided to move back to MN, and thought it was real - but it isn't :-( We are loving it here, missing all our friends in MN though - a lot!

Tell the kiddo's I miss seeing them all the time! I love that you have a blog SO MUCH!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Doherty Family 2007

St. Valentines Day

St. Valentines Day
Chateau Men and Chalet Women