Thursday, October 1, 2009

Little Flower

St. Therese of Lisieux (The Little Flower), born Therese Martin, was a young French girl, passionately in love with Jesus Christ, who became a Discalced Carmelite nun at age fifteen and died of tuberculosis at age twenty-four in a monastery in Lisieux, France.

Therese experienced extraordinary breakthroughs in what is possible in a human being's relationship with God and with other humans. Since her death, she has fascinated countless people. Her memoir, "Story of a Soul," became the religious bestseller of the 20th century. Countless miracles have been attributed to her intercession. She was canonized in 1925 and, in 1997, named a Doctor of the Church. She is often called the "Little Flower."

"My mission: to make God loved, will begin after my death. I will spend my heaven doing good on earth. I will send a shower of roses."

"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be - and becoming that person."

"Let us see life as it really is... It is a moment between two eternities..."

"To Call God my Father and to Know myself His Child, that is Heaven to me ..."

I highly recommend reading this.


St. Therese, pray for us, that we may be

simple, humble, and love Christ with a child-like faith.

Amen

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Dear Anna,

I am delighted that you found the language from my Web site "St. Therese of Lisieux: A Gateway" (http://thereseoflisieux.org) worth reproducing in your blog entry for October 1. Would you, if you please, revise the blog entry to credit the Web site as the source of this language and to insert a link to it? I should be very happy to make it possible for your readers who want to learn more about St. Therese to visit "Saint Therese of Lisieux: A Gateway."

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Maureen O'Riordan

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Doherty Family 2007

St. Valentines Day

St. Valentines Day
Chateau Men and Chalet Women