Friday, July 11, 2008

The BIG move

Greetings friends and family:

NET has ended, at least my time with NET as a supervisor. Currently I am working as an assistant around the office with daily organizational tasks ... more on that to come. However, because when you work for NET as a supervisor, you also live in household with the other supervisors of the same gender, when I stopped working as a supe, I had to move out. I am excited for this stage of my life . . . living in an intentional community has been awesome, and I will always live in some form of community (with a roommate, or my own family), but I also looking forward to living with just one other person, one person who I love so dearly ....

So on June 29th, Megan and I (Megan and I were on NET together in 05, we were on the same team, and ever since then I have dreamed of living with her - - - it finally came true!) moved into our very own apartment. This was new for both of us! In college we either lived in the dorm, or in a house, and we had never experienced apartment living before. So far, we love it. We are on the 4th floor of a building with only 4 floors . . . it is very spacious, tons of light, beautiful view (not as beautiful as the ocean and mountains of Washington, but rolling hills and the Mississippi River Valley are as close as it gets).

Every day, Megan or I will say to each other, "I love living here with you." or "I love our apartment." or "This is like a dream come true." - - - And every day is a joy. The Lord has given us so many blessings, and I am so thankful every day for that.

Pictures will be coming soon! We are getting the Internet hooked up tonight, and then I will have more time to post from home.

Check back in a few days. God bless you and enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Doherty Family 2007

St. Valentines Day

St. Valentines Day
Chateau Men and Chalet Women